Wednesday 12 March 2014

Video/Photo: Aspiring Model Mori Montgomery Seeks To Help Victims Of Domestic Abuse By Sharing Videos & Photos Of Her Recovery From Brutal Beating By Boyfriend

                                         

19-year old Mori Montgomery nearly died in February when she was brutally beaten and kicked from a moving car by her boyfriend. The aspiring model made the decision to share her story and document her recovery via TwitterFacebook and Instagram to help bring more awareness to domestic abuse.


Mori Montgomery in January

In one post Mori described in detail what happened.

This might be a little graphic but I just want to let everyone know that I am okay. I am a survivor of domestic violence with a boy I dated for 8 months. I really thought everything was fine but he constantly questioned me about cheating and flirting. Nonsense. I never looked at someone the way he looked at me. Thought I loved this boy. How can someone that ‘loves’ me do this to me? The scars on my chest are way worse and extend down to my right nipple, completely scarred. The skin on my shoulder has been completely skinned. And I have bruising on my rib cage, neck, and my muscles. I was kicked out of a moving vehicle, then beaten and dragged, as I blacked out and was left lying there in my own puddle of blood. Doctors said I could have died if not made it when I did. I am so blessed and beyond lucky to be alive and have so much support from friends, family, and strangers. As I try to recover I ask to please keep me in your prayers. I have to wear a neck brace for 3-4 weeks, an arm cast and I can barely walk for now. Thank you for all the love. I hope to be an inspiration to women and anyone involved in domestic violence.


“I met my ex through my best friend and some friends and we just all hung out,” she told news.com.au. “We were really close and hung out everyday. He was always jealous and extra aggressive. We were playing around one day and he slapped me really hard. He apologized straight after so I didn’t think anything of it really, until this all happened. I pressed charges,” said Ms Montgomery, who has moved cities to distance herself from her now-ex boyfriend. Everyone’s shocked that I’m okay with talking about it, let alone to the world, but my way of coping is talking about it. I needed love and support, and that’s what I’ve got.”


Some people have accused Mori of being an attention seeker by posting the videos and photos, but she's not letting that stop her or get her down.










The 19-year-old aspiring model said she is slowly recovering, but hopes her story exposes the seriousness of domestic violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot