Friday 10 November 2017

Our child looks like her ex-Man begs court to dissolve 5-year old marriage


A 41-year-old commercial motorcyclist, Ibrahim Oladeji, has urged an Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve his five-year-old marriage over the paternity of the only child of the union.

The petitioner, who resides at Gberigbe area of Ikorodu, told the court that he suspected that hid wife’s ex-husband was the father of the child.

“I don’t believe the child belongs to me, he doesn’t look like me, he resembles the other man.

“I have seen them together and thereafter, she became pregnant,” he said.

Oladeji, who described the wife as a troublesome woman and a chronic lair, told the court that she moved out of his apartment about two years ago.

But the 26-year-old wife, Rukayat, denied the allegations and affirmed that Ibrahim was the biological father of the child.

“Truly, he saw me with my ex-boyfriend at an open place and since then he has been suspecting me. Fortunately, I became pregnant thereafter.
“My ex-boyfriend is married to his own wife and we were not in a relationship anymore.
“He has married another wife and my child is staying with his new wife,” she said.
“But I want my son back as I am no longer interested in the marriage.”
The court’s President, Mrs Funmi Adeola, advised the petitioner (the husband) to take the child to the hospital for fatherhood test, saying “it is the only way to determine the paternity of the child.”

She adjourned the case until Dec. 15 for further hearing.(NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot