Wednesday 5 February 2014

Xavi loves English football



Barcelona superstar Xavi Hernandez says he could never play in England despite his love for the 'great culture' over here.
The 34-year-old one-club man is one of the most decorated footballers of all time, winning seven La Liga titles and three Champions League trophies since making his Barcelona debut in 1998.
But despite being in his twilight years and revealing his admiration for English football, the midfield pass-master told The Sun he could never leave Barcelona.

Xavi - who has also won a World Cup and two European Championships with Spain - said: 'I never thought of leaving like Cesc Fabregas, who went to Arsenal.
'If I had played for (Manchester) City, (Manchester) United, Arsenal or Chelsea, I'd keep asking what is going on at my club.
'All the big English clubs know getting Xavi is impossible. They know Xavi is a fan of Barcelona, he won't come.

 
'I've no regrets at all, but I still think at times that I would have loved to play in England. You live football over there, it's a great culture.
'People respect you more, it's more difficult to find respect in Spain. There is more criticism here.' 

source


dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot