Thursday 27 March 2014

Acid attack victim Naomi Oni: I’m homeless

Acid attack victim Naomi Oni: I'm homeless

A woman scarred for life after a friend threw acid in her face has said she is homeless.
Naomi Oni, who this week accused police who investigated the incident of incompetence, said she had been living in a hostel room acting as a carer for her mother since the 2012 attack.
‘I’m tired of telling people how I feel then going back to a one-bed hostel with my Mum,’ the 22-year-old said.

She had acid thrown in her face by Mary Konye, who was jailed for 12 years this month.
‘I’ve never had freedom [since the attack],’ Ms Oni told BBC London 94.9. ‘I’ve never had privacy to just roll on the floor in my room and cry my heart out.
‘I would just like to be in a secure home.’
Southwark councillor Ian Wingfield said the London council was trying to help Ms Oni and her mother find a house.
‘We appreciate what a difficult time the family has been through and have been doing all we can to help,’ he said.
‘The council has made the family a direct offer of a home in Southwark, and we hope that this will provide them with an opportunity to move on from recent events.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot