Sunday 27 April 2014

Advice To Upcoming Artistes, Pursue Your Career As An Individual, Not As A Group - Presh


Popular Singer Precious John better best known as Presh of the defunct KC Presh group has revealed that he left industry to learn more about music and how to singer.

The singer who made this known in an interview said he went to Malaysia; from there to Singapore, China and then to the UK before he came back to Nigeria to dovoice training and voice enhancements.

Further speaking he said, “I had to learn more about music, how to play instruments.
Apparently, the days of hiatus are over as Presh said he is storming the industry with something powerful, which he titled Olegelege.“I know things have happened and things are happening. But music is universal. What is yours is yours. My travelling out was to learn more about theart. I am back now and I intend to take my place. Time has nothing to do with it. Once you know what you are doing, you will get there,” he enthused.

Recalling the break-up (which he would rather call ‘going solo’) with his former partner, Kcee, Presh said it was a joint decision to part ways.

“We had an agreement. It wasn’t a woman that broke us up. It was just two grown men making a decision. It was on a Wednesday morning and he called and we had a meeting. We brought the concept that we should go solo since it was the only thing we hadn’t done. But I realised at that point, there were things I needed to do. I didn’t have time to do those things before. But when we went solo, I felt it was the perfect time to do them,”

Having tried out the ‘solo’ angle, Presh said he would rather advise up and coming artistes to pursue their careers as individuals and not as a group.
“When you are in a group, it prevents you from giving your best. You would want to be considerate in some of the things you want to do. You might not even give the best because your partner is not on the same page with you, you have to blend.

Presh also noted that he is not envious of his former partner’s success.
“I am not competing with Kcee. He is doing his thing, I am doing my thing. I cannot say I will surpass the height he has reached. KC Presh is not fighting. Kcee released his songs and Presh did same too. I knew he was going to blow. I expected his success.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot