Tuesday 8 April 2014

Fire caused my financial ruin, says 61-year-old cocaine carrier

 

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a 61 year-old man, described as the oldest cocaine trafficker for the year 2014.

The suspect, Ogbodo Prince Ifeanyichukwu, attempted to smuggle cocaine to Istanbul, Turkey.

The powdery stuff, which tested positive for cocaine, was packed inside the suspect’s luggage.

The arrest took place at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos during the screening of passengers on a Turkish airline flight.

NDLEA commander at the airport, Mr. Hamza Umar said:“This is the oldest suspect we have apprehended since January 2014. During search, officers discovered 1.250kg of cocaine hidden inside his luggage. It was cleverly concealed such that we had to cut the bag open to detect the drugs.”

Ifeanyichukwu blamed his involvement in drug trafficking on financial difficulties.

He said: “I used to sell cooking gas at Sabo, Alaba International Market, Lagos. Problem started when I lost everything to fire incident in November 2013. I was married to two wives and blessed with three children but one of my wives had left me. In my search for a source of livelihood, I was told to take a luggage containing cocaine to Turkey for a fee of 4,500 dollars. They prepared my travel documents and gave me 2,500 dollars. I would have collected the balance of 2,000 dollars if I had taken the drug to Turkey. The plan was so real to me, especially when they gave me my travel documents with the part payment. Now I know that I made a big mistake”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot