Saturday 13 September 2014

Nigerian Man In UK Arrested For N57 Million Romance Fraud


Two men in the UK have been arrested and found guilty of perpetrating a dating scam and one of them is a Nigerian.
The Mirror reports that 37-year-old Adewunmi Nusi and Monty Emu, 28 have been convicted of money laundering after illegally obtaining £220,000 (N57,810,815.37) from vulnerable women who were looking for love.
The charade was carried out on dating site Match.com  and victims were made to believe that they were making contact with a man called James Richards.

“Mr. Richards” fed the unsuspecting women with a tale that he had inherited £1.5m from his late father and that he needed £700 to get to India so he could get access to the money.
One victim, Suzanne Hardman, who had just separated from her husband, was tricked into paying out £174k.

The suspects sent romantic messages to the women with one of such reading:
“You make me feel important, you make me feel safe and wanted, something I have not felt for a very
long time.
“I knew our friendship would grow from the first time we spoke but neither one of us could have begun to imagine the love thundering into our hearts that only we can understand.
“You are my soulmate, my best friend, my life, my inspiration – my everything’.”
Both Nusi and Emu were found guilty of the charges after a majority verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot