Monday 6 October 2014

Kidnapped British teacher David Bolam released by militants in Libya

Kidnapped British teacher David Bolam released by militants in Libya

A British teacher has been released by militants after a ransom was paid.
David Bolam, who went missing in Libya in May, is ‘safe and well’ after being reunited with his family.
He had been teaching at the International School Benghazi when he was kidnapped.
His disappearance was not reported after a request from his family and the Foreign Office.

He returned to the UK on Thursday night, more than a month since a video of him was released appealing to David Cameron to secure his release.
In the video, Mr Bolam said: ‘I am a British teacher, my health is good at the moment, I have been here a very long time.
‘I ask the British government and Prime Minister David Cameron, please allow me to go back to my family.
‘I ask my family and friends, and anyone else who hears this, please can you do something to letthe government understand I need to go home soon.
‘Please, please do something to help me.’
It is unknown at the moment who was holding him but his release will come as a relief following the recent hostage murders in Syria by Isis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot