Saturday 28 February 2015

12 Die As Nollywood Actor, Wale Akorede Survived Fatal Accident

Wale Akorede

It is rare to see someone escape a fatal motor accident that stumbled five times with majority passing away instantly leaving just one person without an injury.
That was part of an unforgettable experience of Nollywood actor, Wale Akorede aka Okunnu in 2008 after he was involved in a ghastly motor accident.

Recounting his ordeal, the actor said, “Yes, in 2008, I was going to my friend’s party at Ibadan. Along Lagos/Ibadan Express Way, close to Shagamu, our bus tumbled like five times and out of the 18 passengers aboard, 12 died instantly. Many were injured but to the glory of God, I was the only person that survived.”
The actor recalling how he went into acting, stated in an interview with Sun newspaper that he never studied acting in school but had to always rehearsed everything Oga Bello and others did which actually paved way for him into understanding the act but was never supported by his parents.
“I have been in acting since my primary school day’s and my first role was in 1979. Those days I usually watched Oga Bello on Awada Kerikeri, a popular TV series. I would call my friends and we would rehearse everything Oga Bello and others did. When I was in secondary school in 1984, I started acting and collecting money. I realised then that we could take the acting outside our school and make money and that was exactly what we did. We took our stage shows to secondary schools and I raised some money but my parents never supported me. I always got a beating whenever I went to do a show or rehearsal,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot