Saturday 14 March 2015

Suarez reveals real reason why he left Liverpool for Barcelona

Suarez reveals real reason why he left Liverpool for Barcelona

Luis Suarez has admitted that he made the decision to leave Liverpool for Barcelona last year because of the British media.
The Uruguay star said he grew ‘tired’ of the coverage he received from the press in England during his three-year stint on Merseyside, which saw him make headlines for being found guilty for racially abusing Patrice Evra and biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic.

But Suarez admitted it was the allegations from the British media that he had bitten Martin Demichelis during Barcelona’s Champions League win over Manchester City in February that particularly annoyed him.
Suarez reveals real reason why he left Liverpool for Barcelona
Suarez – who received a four-month ban from football for biting Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini at the 2014 World Cup – told beIN Sports: ‘I don’t know if the English press have a campaign against me, but it looks like they miss me.
‘They criticised me a lot, looking for things that weren’t there and calling attention to them.
‘They published images of me [allegedly biting Manchester City’s Demichelis] in the morning and when they saw that it was false, the images suddenly disappeared.
‘They talk too much and they didn’t leave me in peace and I left because I was tired of them, but they continue looking for something.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot