Tuesday 7 April 2015

"I Don’t Regret My Action" - Suspected Drug Dealer


A suspected drug trafficker, Okoye Nnamdi, apprehended with cannabis by operatives of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, says he feels no remorse for engaging in the crime.

According to reports, Nnamdi was arrested along with five other suspects: Gladys Nwakolo, Made Okey, Nicholas Ogochukwu, Nnodebe Anthony and Nwodo Chidiebere. The suspects were reportedly nabbed with cocaine and methamphetamine at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.


When interviewed, Nnamdi said:

“I was frustrated. When you are frustrated, you can do anything. I took a risk, but I was not lucky. Life is about taking risk. It is either you win or you lose. I have worked and suffered as a labourer in 
Doha for two years and I was desperate to change my status. I don’t regret my action.”

Thirty-two-year-old Omasi said:

“I buy and sell clothes. I lived in Spain for about a decade. I came back to Nigeria because of financial hardship. I loved to go back to Spain and I did not have enough money. This was how I found myself in drug trafficking.”

Ogochukwu, 31, said life had been hard for him since his father died when he was five. He said he 
accepted the offer to smuggle cocaine into Nigeria on an agreed fee of N1m.

According to 28 year old Chidiebere:

“I used to sell clothes but I lost my goods in a fire incident. This was what led me into drug trafficking. “I was given liquid cocaine inside body cream and they promised to pay me N500,000.”

The NDLEA Commander at the MMIA, Mr. Hamza Umar, confirmed the six suspected drug traffickers were caught with drugs weighing 16.51 kilogrammes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot