Sunday 2 April 2017

I Am A Proud Trans Woman – Nigerian Film Writer Writes


Nigerian transgender lady, Noni Slam, took to IG to pen a beautiful piece to celebrate
Trans Day of Visibility
Noni, who was formerly known as Habeeb Lawal wrote:
Trans day of visibility. Everyday I wake up, I am grateful for seeing the light and for answering it. For the gift of courage to be in spite of what was at stake.
No one really fully understands like a trans person, the dysphoria and the disconnect between our true being and what the world thrusts on us. I remember the first two months of transition. Stepping out of the door was hard. Going out and facing the world was even harder. I was able to prevail and get to the point where I’m more comfortable. 
I don’t hide my transness and I don’t ever intend to. I am proud of my journey and my path to womanhood. Every time I see a trans person online or in person I feel this happiness. Because we aren’t going to live low. We are living and living in bold colors. This is a journey of a lifetime and I’m glad to be living it. Thanks to the friends who support me, even the ones online. Your support and love is all the affirmation I need when it gets tough. And it does get tough. But it is worth it. Living my authentic self is worth it. #transdayofvisibility #transisbeautiful#girlslikeus #

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot