Sunday 21 May 2017

No contact from Watford over manager’s job – Ranieri

No contact from Watford over manager’s job – Ranieri

Former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri says there has been no contact from Watford over their soon-to-be vacant manager’s job.
The Hornets announced on Wednesday that current coach Walter Mazzarri would be leaving the club following Sunday’s final league match of the season against Man City.

One of the names being linked with the position at Vicarage Road is Ranieri, who guided the Foxes to the Premier League title last term, although the Italian says he is yet to be approached by Watford.
“No, but if I had, I wouldn’t tell you,” he told Goals on Sunday when quizzed about the Hornets job.
“I’m very surprised because Mazzarri is an Italian manager. The owners are Italian, I don’t understand what happened but that’s football.”
While his next job in football remains a mystery, Ranieri says he is waiting for the right project following his success with the Foxes and that it could be anywhere in Europe.
“After winning the title with Leicester I have to do very well to choose the right next job,” he added.”I am a European manager and I have an agent in Spain, in France, in Italy and England so now I want to choose very well.
“For me the right project is important. Say everything clear and then it is important for me to link these things and then I go 100 per cent.
“We have to be together in everything. If I agree I give 100 per cent of myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot