Tuesday, 18 July 2017

No offer received for Mahrez – Shakespeare

No offer received for Mahrez – Shakespeare

Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare said on Tuesday that he has not yet received any bids for Mahrez, despite the winger announcing his intention to leave the Premier League club at the end of last season.
He said the 26 years old has been linked with a move to AS Roma but the 2015/16 Premier League champions had not been contacted by the Italian side about a transfer for the Algerian International.

Shakespeare also said that central defender Robert Huth had been ruled out for up to two months after undergoing ankle surgery.
“Riyad stated his position very clearly,” Shakespeare told reporters in Hong Kong.
“Mine is really simple: while he is here and while we have had no bids – and we haven’t had any bids, it’s all been speculation – he has to be committed to the football club.
“And I have to say, in the two weeks he’s been back he’s been totally committed and really trained well.
“Outgoings are inevitable at any football club but until there’s a bid for your player there’s no decision to be made”, he said.
Shakespeare concluded, “I want competition for places, I think players want competition for places. We need that and thankfully the club have backed me in that as well.”
Leicester is one of four English top flight teams in Hong Kong this week to play in the Premier League Asia Trophy.
They are due to take on West Bromwich Albion on Wednesday while Crystal Palace faces Liverpool in the other game at Hong Kong Stadium.
Leicester kicks off the new season at Arsenal on August 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment