Thursday 10 August 2017

Angry Mob Buries Chukwudi Omaka, A Robbery Suspect Alive in Ebonyi, Plants Tree on His Grave (Photo)


Angry youths have reportedly buried alive a suspected armed robber, Chukwudi Omaka, who along with his gang members allegedly robbed and killed a businessman, NewTelegraph reports.

It was gathered that the businessman, Idam Ogbonnia, was killed at Amaisri community in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. Police yesterday paraded three of those who reportedly killed Ogbonnia.

A witness, who is a resident of the community, Emmanuel Udu, said Omaka was also among robbers who robbed a cold room known as Etuelughu, belonging to Oko Udu Monday and another businessman identified simply as David, selling provisions.

He said: “The handsome boy (Omaka) was beaten thoroughly. Even at that, he refused to name his members. He was later buried alive by Amasiri youths.”
After youths buried him alive, they reportedly planted a tree on the grave in accordance with the customs of the community against anyone who committed a crime. The tradition has been as old as the community.

Brother to the man who was buried alive, Gideon Omaka, 29 told journalists after he was also arrested that he was a former convict but did not know anything about the robbery for which his brother was killed. He said: “I was in my house when people attacked me and killed my brother, Chukwudi. I ran away.
 
“They said my brother was one of those who robbed Idam Ogbonnia in my village.
 
“My brother was the one who was buried alive when I ran away. The people later arrested me.
“I just returned from prison that was why the people said I knew about the robbery that took place in my community for which my brother was accused, attacked and buried alive. I was released from prison March this year.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot