Saturday 12 August 2017

Jeremy McConnell has avoided jail for the assault of Stephanie Davis.


The 27-year-old was given 20 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, by Judge Wendy Lloyd today at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court.

He was also told he must carry out a Building Better Relationships course with the Probation Service, as well as 15 days of Rehabilitation Activity Requirements and 200 hours unpaid work.


Jeremy had been found guilty this week of assaulting Stephanie Davis at an address in Rainhill, Merseyside on March 10.

He had previously pleaded guilty to a charge of criminal damage for the same incident.

Judge Lloyd said before sentencing: ‘Miss Davis had a number of injuries that were entirely consistent with her evidence including a large bite mark to her arm.

‘I find you have displayed no remorse, not even for the effect of this episode on your young baby.

‘If you had just left Ms Davis’ home, and it was her property, none of this would have happened.’

Judge Lloyd warned McConnell that he would face prison if he did not keep with the terms of his probation.

The prosecutors sought £800 to cover the damage to her home, as well as a restraining order, the terms of which sought are Jeremy is ‘not to contact directly or indirectly, by any means Stephanie Davis, except by solicitors or as directed by the family court for the purposes of child contact’ and ‘he is not to enter the road Steph lives on’.

A statement from Stephanie, who was not present, read: ‘This incident has made me feel a nervous wreck; every time I hear a loud noise I panic. This has made me feel severe anxiety and depressed.

‘I feel like I’m drowning, like I have to justify everything I do and I question myself constantly because Jeremy has denied everything.’

Jeremy’s representation James Morris argued that drug use and infidelity had occurred due to Steph and Jez’s ‘volatile’ relationship, telling the judge: ‘Mr McConnell had a difficult upbringing in Dublin, he lost his mother at 13 and also in the same year his brother and sister.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot