Monday 23 October 2017

Conte not afraid of getting sacked at Chelsea


Chelsea boss, Antonio Conte, has insisted he does not fear losing his job, after watching his team beat Watford 4-2 at Stamford Bridge.

Michy Batshuayi came off the substitutes’ bench to score twice against Marco Silva’s men, who led 2-1 early in the second half and missed two huge chances through Richarlison, before Chelsea’s late fightback.

The win came from back-to-back defeats in the Premier League, which had put Conte’s position in doubt.

When it was suggested that under previous managers, the team might have collapsed at 2-1 down, Conte said: “I am not like the previous managers. I am different. It is important to understand this.

“The club has to judge the work and honestly, I don’t have this type of worry [about] if I lose the game, if the club decides to sack me.

“In the past, the club decided after two losses or three bad games to sack a manager. I don’t think it is the same for every manager. You change the person, change the work. I repeat: If you ask if I feel this type of pressure, it is zero.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot