Friday 24 November 2017

Gospel singer, Gloria Doyle tells why she doesn't honour events


For Nigerian gospel singer, Gloria Doyle, it is one thing to perform and entertain, but it is another to minister.

According to her, being a minister is the niche she has carved for herself, insisting that she rejects invitations once she is called to entertain instead of ministering.


In a chat with Galaxy TV, she said, “A gospel artiste is supposed to minister and not to thrill anybody. A secular artiste can thrill, but if you claim to be a gospel artiste, you are to minister for the renewal of souls. You can’t see me just anywhere. I get invites, but once it is for entertainment, I count myself out.

” I am not looking for acceptance. Rate me as a minster and somebody interested in winning souls, which is the reason I am moving very slowly and steady.

“Some people call me and say gospel artistes are the ones reigning now. People tell me to change my style, but I say no to them. Even if I sing, I do that to get people’s attention. But a gospel artiste’s job is to minister and bring down the presence of God for salvation and redemption so as to impact many lives around the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot