Thursday 14 December 2017

George Clooney gives 14 people $1m each for just being his friend


Hollywood actor George Clooney's benevolence to his friends have been revealed.

The 56, according to a friend once gave all of his closest friends a million dollars each for no reason asides the fact that they are his friends.

Rande Gerber, Cindy Crawford’s husband, who is one of of Clooney's friends made this known during an interview on US show Headliners.


Gerber said Clooney had called the group and said: "Hey, mark September 27th, 2013, on your calendar. Everyone’s going to come to my house for dinner."

Upon arrival, Gerber said everyone a received designer black luggage, which was waiting for them on the table.


He said: "George begins to say, 'Listen, I want you guys to know how much you’ve meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life. I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I’m so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn’t be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we’re still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.'"

"We open it up, and it’s a million dollars in $20 bills. Every one of us — 14 of us — got a million dollars. Every single one of us. We’re in shock. Like, what is this? He goes, 'I know we’ve all been through some hard times, some of you are still going through it. You don’t have to worry about your kids, you don’t have to worry about, you know, school, you don’t have to worry about paying your mortgage.'"

The actor also revealed that he had also paid all of their taxes so they wouldn't need to pay tax on the money he gifted them. 

Gerber continued saying he was uncomfortable taking the money as he is a billionaire himself so he pulled Clooney aside and told him how he felt and Clooney's reaction was mindblowing.

George told them: "I’m just going to make one announcement. If Rande doesn’t take the million dollars, nobody gets it"

With thoughts of one man in their midst who works in a bar and rides a bicycle to work just to support his family, Gerber took the money and gave it all to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot