Tuesday 23 January 2018

What Manchester United Number 7 Jersey Means To Me - Alexis Sanchez


Manchester United striker, Alexis Sanchez, has revealed what the club number 7 jersey means to him.

The Chilean international was handed the iconic number seven shirt on Monday night, after the long-anticipated swap deal that saw Henrikh Mkhitaryan head in the opposite direction was completed, bringing to a conclusion one of the biggest transfer stories of the January window.


Sanchez said wearing the number 7 jersey for United makes him dreaming of lifting the UEFA Champions League and the Premier league.

Sanchez told MUTV: “When they told me that Cristiano [Ronaldo], [Eric] Cantona, David Beckham had all worn it, just thinking about that number seven sets you off dreaming in your head with ideas about lifting the Champions League trophy and winning the Premier League title,” he said.

“So yes, I’m fulfilling a dream and I hope to give my very best and win many trophies at this club.”

Sanchez was previously heavily linked with a move to United’s rivals, Manchester City, managed by former Barcelona boss, Pep Guardiola.

City ultimately ended their interest in the forward, but Sanchez hopes to recreate the dressing-room atmosphere from his time in Catalonia as he bids to bring success back to United.

“I believe that having a family in the dressing room is very important when it comes to winning trophies,” he explained.

“I played in Spain and we also had a very good dressing room and I won a lot of things. So I think that in my experience of being in dressing rooms, it’s so important to have a really good group.

“I also think that the club always needs to be strengthening and bringing players in, and in this instance that’s why I’m here, to work hard for the team, and to try and win everything with them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot