Thursday 1 February 2018

Suspected robbers demand N25, 000 to return victim’s N110,000 jewelry


Five suspected armed, who robbed an old woman of $800, 400 Qatari Riyald, N45,000, America Visa card, gold trinkets valued at N110,000 and an Hawaii phone, have been arrested.

The suspected attacked and robbed a 58-year-old woman of her handbag containing foreign and local currencies as well as other personal effects on New Year’s Eve around 9pm.


The victim, identified simply as Alhaja, said: “I boarded a tricycle going to Ketu Bus Stop after crossing from Motorways. I was going to Ikorodu after visiting my children. I got down close to Ketu Bridge on Ikorodu Road. I was the only that alighted as other passengers had alighted before that bus stop. I was suddenly surrounded by five men wielding knife and daggers. They collected my phone and hand bag containing $800, 400 Qatari Riyald, N45,000, America Visa card, pouch containing gold trinkets valued at N110,000:00 and a purse with unspecified amount. After collecting all I had on me, they started using my phone line to call my husband, asking us to bring N25, 000 in order for us to collect all the items they stole from me.”

Alhaja further narrated: “At a point, I had to block the line when the harassment was too much. I reported the case at Ketu Police Station. I learnt it was referred to RRS. It was there that I was invited to come and identify them. I saw one of them, who gave his name as Shola.”

Shola in his confession to the police said that the robbery was led by Sikiru, otherwise known as Hauwa, who police said was on the run.

Shola, according to sources sold the victim’s mobile phone to one Michael Ogunnaike who took the police to the suspect’s hideout in Ketu, Lagos.

At least 13 suspects were arrested in the hideout, but Shola fingered five as being part of the robbery gang.

Confirming the arrest, Lagos Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Chike Oti stated that no criminal would go Scot free in Lagos. He said that the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Edgal Imohimi, had ordered that the case be transferred to Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad for further investigations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot