Monday 26 February 2018

UK Man Spent Ten Years Tattooing His Body Black (PHOTOS)



" *Eli Ink, 27, has tattooed most of his body black including his eyeballs and mouth
*He wants to cover his whole body black before adding white over it
*'I want to look like an abstract character in one of Picasso’s paintings,' he says
*He says he will 'never be finished' and that's what makes the project 'beautiful' 
*Eyeball tattooing can have disastrous results if it goes wrong 



Most people prefer their art on their walls not as a permanent fixture of their bodies. But Eli Ink, a 27-year-old tattoo artist from Brighton, England, sees his body as a walking exhibition of his finest work.

He has spent the last ten years transforming himself. Tattooing most of his skin black with several coats of ink, dying his eyes and implanting stretchers in his nose and under his bottom lip. The process is far from finished, but the result is striking.

Eli’s obsession with body modification started from a young age after his uncle came back from Spain with a huge tribal tattoo.

‘In my opinion, the only person who will only ever understand my transition properly is me. I don’t attempt to describe it to anyone,’ he told MailOnline.

‘I’ve always been blown away by art itself. Picasso is a huge childhood inspiration to me, especially abstract art, but I do like all forms of art. Body art was just the next local step for me growing up.’

You can easily see his obsession with the abstract on his own body. It's a philosophy that guides the choices he makes. 

'I wanted to look like an abstract character in one of Picasso’s paintings. I love the abstract look, no thought , just pure expression,' he said."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot