Monday 5 March 2018

Nigerian Army issues quit notice to Badoo cultists in Lagos

Army issues quit notice to Badoo cultists in Lagos lailasnews 3

The Nigerian Army has issued a stern warning to members of the dreaded Badoo gang in Lagos as well as pipeline vandals operating around the Ikorodu, Ishawo, Arepo and Festac areas of Lagos and Ogun.

The Army issued the warning while referring the criminal elements to the case of the notorious Rivers State cultists Don Waney and his group who were displaced and killed earlier this year.



The General Officer Commanding (GOC) 81 Division, Major General Enobong Udoh, handed down the warning while briefing students of the German Armed Forces General Staff College, who were on a study tour to the Division.

“As you must have heard, I have been to so many places, I have been to the northeast, and I was the GOC of 6 Division before I came here. Now that I am here, as you heard, there are some peculiar threats in this area of responsibility, threats that have to do with the metropolitan nature of Lagos, threats that have to do with the complexities of having so many formations of the Nigerian Army in Lagos.

“There is this particular threat of Badoo, who are cultists that operate in the night, and since I came here the threat is almost non-existent, but be that as it may I am an operational man, I will never live with this threat, I want to assure you that I will combat these threat to ensure that they are wiped out completely.

“I succeeded in doing that in the Niger Delta in the past one year and I can assure you that it will not be different here. So the cultists either turn a new leave or quit these states.”
General Udoh who was the General Officer Commanding in 6 Division in Port Harcourt and whose troops killed the notorious Don Waney.

He was also the Commanding Officer that led troops to rescue the Chibok Girls in Borno state. And according  to him, he has the experience and pedigree to combat the Lagos-based cult gangs and pipeline vandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot