Wednesday 28 March 2018

Nigerian lady battered by her brother in-law

Nigerian lady battered by her bother in-law lailasnews

A Nigerian lady who made the move of taking custody of her child, was reportedly battered by her brother in-lawin the presence of his mother and husband.

According to Joel Esther, her mother in-law and husband never said anything to address the disturbing incident. Here’s what she wrote;



See wat my brother in-law did to me and her mother my husband is not saying anything about it, I know God will fight for me. I am not ready to leave your house until you give me my right.

Nigerian lady battered by her bother-in-law lailasnews 1

Nigerian lady battered by her bother-in-law lailasnews 2

This is coming months after it was reported that a man and his wife, were arrested for allegedly beating his brother’s wife to coma at Ajao estate, Lagos, over suspicion that she was having an extra-marital affair.

The issue between the couple and 29-year-old Bela started after her husband, Felix Omeneka, based in Amsterdam, instructed her to live in his family’s house at 1, Maduafa street, off Chief Vincent Eze street, Ajao estate, shortly after they got married in 2016. She stated that her stay in the family’s house became uncomfortable following series of quarrels between her and her in-laws, adding that it came to an unbearable height, as she was beaten between 11p.m and 4a.m by her brother-in-law, Kelly Omeneka and his wife, Mercy.



Narrating her plight in an inaudible voice, Bela said:

“The first attack on me occurred in May 2017, by Kelly’s wife, shortly after I started staying with my in-laws. But my mother-in-law intervened and said I should forgive her. My in-laws did not hide their dislike for me. When my husband visited, I complained to him but he pacified me to stay with them, saying he did not want me to live alone. Shortly after he left, I was attacked again. When I could not bear the attack and continued threat, I went to my elder sister’s place in Lekki. By December last year, Kelly told me to travel with them to the village but I declined on the ground that my husband was not around and also because I had an interview. He attempted to beat me but I left for my sister’s place out of fear. When my husband called, he told me to go back to where he left me and I obeyed and returned last Saturday to his family’s house.”

On arrival, she stated that she observed that some of her personal belongings had been stolen. She said when she confronted Mercy, Kelly’s ‘ wife, a quarrel which degenerated into a fight ensued. Groaning in pains, she explained:

“During the fight, she called one of my brothers-in-law, Benjamin on phone. Benjamin, in turn, contacted Kelly to come and chase me out of the house. Immediately he arrived, he met his wife fighting me, he did not separate us. Rather, he went for a horse whip and started flogging me all over my body and at the same time, hitting me in the ribs. He said he would leave an indelible mark on the face I usually pose on Facebook and that he would also kill me. He accused me of bewitching his brother to the extent that he does not look at the face of another back in Europe. A member of the family called and instructed them to seize my marriage certificate so that I won’t have any vital document to prove that the union was legal. He also seized my phone and dragged me out of the building. All I could remember at that point was seeing an oncoming car approaching the direction he dumped me, as I passed out.”

Concerned neighbours were said to have revived her but none of them could take the battered woman in, as she was left by the side of her brother in-law’s gate until 4 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot