Tuesday 11 February 2014

Police Kill 2, Parade Suspected Ritualists



Police in Niger State has killed two armed robbers in Bangi village.
The Niger State Police public relation officer, Richard Ogunche, who confirmed this to Channels Televisionon Tuesday in Minna, said the robbers were apprehended during a stop and search operation along the ever busy Bangi road.
He mentioned that the robbers tried to escape and in the process were killed by the men of the Niger State Police command.
The Police recovered three AK 47 riffles and some ammunition from the dead robbers.
The command has also arrested two suspected car thieves for allegedly stealing a Toyota Camry car in Lagos and were on their way to Kano.
Meanwhile, the Kogi State Police Command has arrested a 60 year old herbalist, Shaibu Sanni and his accomplice, Yahaya Mustapha, for alleged abduction of a 3-year old boy during a church service at the premises of Christ Apostolic Church in Okaito Okehi Local Government Area of the state.
The state commissioner of police, Mr Sa’idu Madawaki, who disclosed this while parading the herbalist, his accomplice and 10 other suspects arrested for various offences ranging from armed robbery and car theft, stated that his command had vowed not to make the state a haven for criminals.
One of the suspected ritualists, Yahaya Mustapha, explained how it all started, saying; “I am a herbalist and so many people visit me for help. This day I don’t know what  really happened. I went to get some leaves for my daughter who was sick, on my way back I got a call from my son who told me that some guests were waiting for me at home, so I hurriedly got up from the farm  came home and to my surprise met some policemen who came to arrest me alleging that I asked a boy to abduct a 3-year-old boy for me, which I didn’t, I don’t even know him at all,” he said in local Egbira language .
Senior sister to the alleged abducted boy, Blessing Lawal, explained how the victim, Emmanuel Sunday, was taken away from her before she shouted.
Four suspects were also arrested during a stop and search operation by policemen in Okene Junction after a Beretta pistol and a mask was found in their car. They, however, denied having knowledge of the items as they had just boarded the taxi on their way home.
A driver, Salihu Adekunle, was also paraded for attempting to sell black Toyota Corolla car with reg no. Lagos EM957LSR belonging to his boss in Lokoja.
Mr Madawaki further  warned that as election is gradually approaching, anyone found with fire arms of any kind will be arrested and dealt  with according to the law of the state.

Source

Channelstv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot