Sunday 18 May 2014

Taiwo: I’m better than Keshi’s defenders

taiwo4
Taye Taiwo talks about his disappointment over his national team snub, but makes it clear he will not be benched by any of Stephen Keshi’s current crop.
Despite enjoying a revival in Turkey, Taiwo has been locked out of Keshi’s Nigeria squad for nearly two years.

Lets come to nigeria now. Are you disappointed that despite being so consistent for bursaspor, you’ve not been in the nigeria team?
I’m really disappointed because I’m a Nigerian player. But I can’t say I want to stop playing for the national team. Life is all about understanding. Maybe this period our coach doesn’t want me. But that is not a problem for me. There are people who have played there before who are not there anymore. If they call me, I will come.
You played under the new coach but then you have not been invited. Did something happen?
I don’t really know. But even in Europe when they bring a new coach, there is a lot of changes sometimes. Sometimes the new coach doesn’t have you in his plans. Everywhere, even in Europe, the coach has his own players that he wants. If the coach doesn’t believe in you, no matter how you train, you can’t do anything about it.
So as far as you are concerned you had no issues. Are you surprised you haven’t been in the team since?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot