Monday 9 March 2015

Mother kills three-day old baby in Kano

death dead house poor victim

A newly-wedded couple, Aminu Mustapha and Faiza Haruna in Rijiyar Lemo in Fagge Local Government Area of Kano State, has been arrested by the Hisbah office for strangling their three-day-old baby.
the couple who got married two months ago have been involved in pre-marital sex which led to the 17 year old bride taking in before her marriage which is an Abomination in Sharia Law, Weekly Trust reports.

After putting to bed last weekend, the bride strangled the baby girl and buried her close to their neighborhood.
One of the suspect’s neighbours disclosed that Faize delivered the baby at home without the help of any medical personnel.
According to the source, “During the pregnancy, she didn’t attend any ante-natal clinic. It was we that assisted her during child labour. She delivered the baby safely and we assisted her with all the necessary cleaning up.
“Hours after giving birth, Faiza started telling people that the baby was sick. We advised her to take the baby to hospital but three days later, she and her husband returned home without the baby.
“We drew the attention of Hisbah officials and they were arrested because we suspected foul play.”
When she was dragged to the office of the Hisbah, the bride confessed to the crime saying; “I gave birth to the baby and killed her myself. I did so to avoid embarrassment from members of our community. I was impregnated by my husband before we got married.
“I didn’t use anything; it was my bare hands that I used in killing her.
“I went into my room when my husband was not around and strangulated her,” she stated.
Confirming the incidence, the Hisbah Commandant in Fagge local government, Ustaz Salisu Umar, said the couple killed the baby to cover up their premarital affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot