Saturday 28 March 2015

Tinubu Denies Sending SMS Canvassing Votes For Jonathan, Threatens Court Action

BOLA TINUBU

National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has debunked any knowledge of text message from him asking electorate to vote for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Goodluck Jonathan, insisting that its fraudulent.

Tinubu, who disclosed this while speaking with newsmen, shortly after getting accredited by officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), at Ward 047 in Alausa, said the issue will be adequately addressed at the court.The APC chieftain who affirmed that he did not send any kind of message, said “I didn’t send any message. That’s part of the gimmicks and desperation of the ruling party when they pack a lot of fraudulent people in office trying to sabotage the right of people from exercising their civic duty.

“I didn’t authorise any network to send any message. That one we will discuss when we get to court. I cannot campaign today; I know what I’ve told my supporters, you all know the party I belong to and you know the candidate of that party. Do not believe in any text message from me asking you to do otherwise,” he said.

Speaking further, the former governor of Lagos State noted that he is committed to his party and nothing can make him compromise. “I stay firmed; I stay credible; I stay resolved; I am determined and committed, if anybody sends you any fraudulent message, it is because they are coward, they know they are going to be defeated and that is why they want to resort to fraud.

“That is why they should not even be in government, the more reason they should be out, we have had enough of this. I have received several calls from people to verify the so-called text message but I have consistently denied that. It is disturbing, annoying and terrible that people will resort to fraud.

“What kind of leadership? What kind of legacy? What kind of ethics are we teaching our people? If I ask you to compromise the system, how can I do that to the platform I lead? The platform that I helped built and by the grace of God the best platform that is available.

“So it is a lie and a fraud and I will go to any extent to investigate this and if my phone is cloned and they sent fraudulent messages from there, the investigation has started already. I worked tirelessly for our platform, why would I now change a day to the election? Anybody that was in my house yesterday (Friday) will see the number of crowd who were shouting,” he added

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot