Saturday 4 April 2015

Photo: Woman arrested after posting Facebook selfie with gun during social media feud

Illegal image: Kristin Holmes, 26, has been arrested for 'Facebook thugging' after posting this photo of herself pointing a gun (pictured) on the social networking site in response to other users' 'misdirected threats'

Kristin Holmes, 26, of Chesterfield, VA, was arrested for posting a photo of herself aiming a gun at the camera after being mistaken for another woman during a Facebook feud. The photo was captioned, "I'll post a few actual pics of me so you know the difference when you 'come find me.'"

Holmes is now facing $2,500 fine and one year in jail after being charged with harrassment by computer. The woman told WWBT that she found the charges ridiculous, and questioned her freedom of speech. 
'Threatening': She captioned the photo (pictured): 'I'll post a few actual pics of me so you know the difference when you "come find me".' She then 'exchanged words' with the other users on the site, it is reported
"It wasn't a threat. I thought it was a funny picture, and then I realized later that it was a little bit intimidating. So I took it down. What happened to freedom of speech? Be careful what you put on the internet, because you can go to jail for it. Facebook thugging is a crime."
Kevin Carroll of the Fraternal Order of Police commented on Holmes' arrest, which he believes was justified, "There is no such thing as a petty crime. If it's against the law to say it in public..why wouldn't it be against the law to say it to someone through a computer?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot