Monday, 6 March 2017

New bride cremated alive by husband after being declared dead by Doctors

A 24-year-old Indian woman who had been missing since December was allegedly burned alive on a funeral pyre, a day after she had been declared dead by Doctors. Rachna Sisodia died two days after being admitted to a hospital in Noida, a town just outside Delhi, with fever, breathlessness and abdominal pains.
A death summary seen by the Times of India stated that Sisodia had died from “cardiorespiratory arrest and acute respiratory distress syndrome.”

A day after she was declared dead, on 26 February, the newlywed’s body was being burned on a funeral pyre under instructions from her husband Devesh Chaudhary.

Sisodia's family contacted the police with accusations that her husband had deliberately attempted to murder her by burning her alive.

Police arrived at the ceremony and pulled Sisodia from the flames. The body had suffered 70% burns by the time it was wrenched from the pyre and a post-mortem found ash in the respiratory tract, suggesting she was still breathing when she was cremated.

A hospital official told the Hindustan Times:

“This happens when someone is burnt alive. The particles go inside with the breath. If a person is dead, such particles cannot reach the lungs and windpipe. So the doctors concluded that the woman was burnt alive on the pyre.”
A two-doctor panel which has since concluded she died of “shock caused by being burnt alive.” It adds the doctors who originally declared Sisodia’s death are standing by their diagnosis.

But further mystery abounds after the doctors who conducted the post-mortem admitted the body had been so badly burned they could not be certain it was Sisodia’s. Bone fragments have been sent off for DNA testing.

According to her family Sisodia had been reported missing from her home in Bulandshahr since December 2016.

It is believed she left the family home to marry Chaudhary, who now claims he is being “framed” by her family. The Times writes that Chaudhary has gone into hiding but has continued to communicate with the media and pleading his innocence. Sisodia’s family have accused him of raping and murdering her. The newspaper adds case files are being passed back and forth between the district where the cremation took place and the village where the couple lived, with police arguing over which jurisdiction the main crime took place in.

No comments:

Post a comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot