Wednesday 12 April 2017

I will work for Conte sooner or later – Morata

I will work for Conte sooner or later – Morata

Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata has told the Guardian he spoke to both Chelsea coach Antonio Conte and Tottenham Hotspur’s Mauricio Pochettino about a possible move to the Premier League last summer.
Morata, who was strongly linked with a move to Chelsea, said he expected to work with Conte sooner or later.

This season has yielded just 10 La Liga starts for the striker, who was signed by Conte for Juventus in 2014 shortly before the 47-year-old left to take over the Italy national team.
Asked about the events of last summer, Morata said: “Various Premier League coaches called to tell me to play for them.
“I said I’d like to, that if I had to leave I would almost certainly go to London, but that I didn’t know what Madrid would do.
“I spoke directly to Mauricio Pochettino and Antonio Conte, although the norm is that clubs call my dad or my agent. Madrid said they didn’t want to sell, so here I am.
“I’m very happy at Madrid and they support me. But if an offer like that came again and they want to sell, I shouldn’t close doors. I loved Italy but if one day I have to leave, I’m sure it will be to the Premier League.”
Morata remains grateful to Conte for bringing him to Juventus and believes a reunion will happen — fuelling speculation that he could replace Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge if the unsettled 28-year-old leaves.
He said: “Conte is the manager who most bet on me, without even ever having had me in his team.
“I’m very conscious of that — he bet on me for Juventus but left before I arrived; then he wanted me at Chelsea come what may.
“I feel indebted to him because he’s the coach that most trusted in me, most wanted me, who made me feel I could perform at the highest level.
“Yet I’ve never had the fortune to actually work with him. I’m sure sooner or later I will.”
In recent weeks, reports in Spain have said Madrid would be willing to allow Morata to join Chelsea in any deal that brings key target Eden Hazard to the Spanish capital in the summer window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot