Thursday 6 July 2017

Barcelona sign England’s Toni Duggan from Man City

Barcelona sign England’s Toni Duggan from Man City

Toni Duggan has become only the second English footballer to sign for Barcelona.
The 25-year-old striker joins the Catalonians from Manchester City, where she has played a key role for over four seasons, and has signed a two-year contract.
Duggan has won the Women’s Super League, FA Cup and Continental Tyres Cup with City, as well as England’s player of the year for 2014.

She follows Gary Lineker to the Nou Camp, who joined from Everton in 1986, and becomes the only member of the current England women’s senior squad playing abroad.
Duggan said: “Barcelona are known all over the world for playing attractive football and I naturally wanted to be part of that. I think my style of play will suit the team and I’m honoured to be part of the club.
“My new coach, Fran Sanchez, has told me that their ambition is to win the Women’s Champions League and the club have made that very clear with their signings over the years. I want to help my team mates to achieve that ambition.
“I’ve had a lot of success in England and I’ve really enjoyed my time with Man City, but I wanted to challenge myself even further by playing abroad.
“Barcelona are one of the world’s biggest clubs and I’ve totally bought into their philosophy. I’m also looking forward to learning Spanish and living in the city.”
Duggan scored 31 goals in 74 appearances for City, following a 2013 move from Everton, where she was their player of the year. She has 47 caps for England and scored 15 goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot