Saturday 15 July 2017

Serena Williams reveals what she did when she got her first million dollar check


Tennis superstar Serena Williams has raked in more than $84 million over the course of her career but has revealed after earning her first million, she didn't touch any of the money. She deposited it directly into the bank and walked away. In an interview with Uninterrupted,she said


"I remember, I went through the drive-through to deposit my check and they were like, 'I think you need to come in for this,'" 
Williams says that, for her, tennis has never been about getting paid. She's always played for the love of the game. In fact, she used to forget to collect her paychecks at all.

"When I first turned pro, you had to go pick up your check,"  "I never, never picked it up, so at the end of the year, the tournament directors would literally hand me the check because I would never go get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot