Saturday 8 July 2017

Soldier steals friend’s car, a day after he was dismissed from Nigerian Army for robbery

Nigerian Army 

An ex-Nigerian soldier, Obadiah Ayuba, who was dismissed from the Nigerian army over unprofessional actions, including robbery and absconding from duty, has been arrested by the Oyo State Police Command after he stole his friend’s car  day after he was dismissed.

Ayuba who confessed to committing the said offence, said that he stole the car on June 15, 2017 after his friend, Abubakar, who he stormed a nightclub with asked him to drop a female friend. He was however arrested five days later.
Ayuba said;
 “We went to a night club and left around 3am. He said he wanted to see his mechanic, who was repairing a vehicle for him. We headed to my friend’s mechanic workshop and decided to sleep in the car until morning.

He later left me and a female friend of his in the car while he went to see the mechanic. When the lady was complaining, I called him and explained to him that she wanted to go home.

He told me to help drop her at home and I did so. That was how I absconded with the car. I used it as taxi to earn some money. When I was arrested, some passengers were in the car. I served at the 81 Batallion, Mokola, Ibadan before I was dismissed on June 14, 2017 after a court martial.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot