Thursday 21 September 2017

Anders Lindegaard signs for Burnley until end of season


Burnley have signed goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard on a deal until the end of the season.

The former Manchester United keeper was brought in to train with the Clarets in the wake of Tom Heaton’s operation on a dislocated shoulder.

With Heaton sidelined for months, Sean Dyche has handed Lindegaard the chance to compete with Nick Pope and Adam Legzdins for the No 1 spot.


“I’ve had a good week here and I’ve had a very good impression of the whole club and all the people here. It’s not hard to fit in nicely,” Lindegaard told the club website. “It seems like an honest place and a very hard-working place and I appreciate being a part of it.

“I have seen the first two games Nick has played and he’s done very well. I have a lot of respect for that. I am here to try and sharpen up the competition in the goalkeepers’ department and we’ll see what happens down the line.

“I feel good physically and I still want to play. I come here with a good spirit and I have a lot of enthusiasm for getting started.

“I sensed from the first day I came in there was a good atmosphere, that things are in a good place, and it has paid off with a good start to the season.”

Pope kept a clean sheet at Crystal Palace after replacing the injured Heaton and played a key role in Burnley’s 1-1 draw at Liverpool last weekend.

Lindegaard, who started 29 games for United before joining West Brom in 2015, will wear the No 22 shirt at Turf Moor.

Get more stories like this on Twitter & Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot