Sunday 15 October 2017

I was arrested after robbing pastor N6000, says suspect


A 26-year-old suspect, Olasunkanmi Olajide, has revealed how he was arrested by detective attached to the Rapid Response Squad (RSS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, moments after he, and his partners in crime, dispossessed a pastor of his phones and N6000.

According to Olajide, he and his nine friends were returning from the New African Shrine, Ikeja, when they bumped into Pastor Adetayo Samuel and robbed of his three phones and N6000.


Olajide said: “The pastor was waiting to board a bus to
Ibadan around 5:00am, at Old Toll Gate Ketu, when we saw and robbed him.  After robbing him, we broke into three groups and fled the scene. Apparently, the pastor alerted RRS operatives. They trailed and arrested me while I was trying to board a bus to Ibafo.”

On that fateful Friday night, Olajide was not the only person arrested. Two other suspects, Moshood Olowu (24) and Rasak Adebola (22), were also arrested.

 Olowu and Ogundipe, both attendees of Felabration, along with their respective accomplices separately robbed two commuters in Ojota and Ketu.

Adebola was arrested in Ikate by RRS patrol team after snatching a hang bag belonging to Helen Susan in traffic in Ikate.

According to Olowu, he and his two other accomplices, now at large, left New African Shrine in Alausa Business District, Ikeja, and were heading to Ikorodu through Ojota when they committed the crime.

Olowu said: “We were at Ojota around 5:00 a.m. after leaving Felabration venue to board a bus to Ikorodu. I dipped my hand into another passenger’s pocket when we were rushing the bus. I removed his phone and passed it to my colleague, Ayobami and Jide. The owner held my hand and prevented me from joining the bus. Ayobami and Jide, who I gave the stolen phone to, went away while RRS police walked by and arrested me.”


Narrating how he was arrested, Adebola said: “I was going to Ajah to retire for the night. Just before I got to Chisco around Maroko at about 11:00 p.m., I snatched a lady’s bag. I attempted to escape but the RRS men were in my front, I waited and handed over the bag. I don’t know what came over me. I had only N200 on me. I have been waiting for traffic to build up. I have never been imprisoned before. I plead for leniency. I won’t repeat it again.”
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) 

Olarinde Famous Cole, confirming the arrest of the suspects, stated that the three suspects would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) for further investigation and prosecution.

Get more stories like this on Twitter & Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot