Friday 17 November 2017

‘He Smells My Pant Whenever I Go Out And Come Back’ – Divorce Applicant


A 55-year old woman has prayed an Ikorodu court to help save her marriage as the husband has resorted to smelling her pant to ensure his wife isn’t cheating on him.

Lack of trust does not only affect young couples but the aged.


One may be surprised as to why an 88-year-old would be seeking for a divorce after being married for 30 years.

But that was the situation with Gbeminiyi Adeyiga who approached an Ikorodu Customary Court  in Lagos to end his union over what he called infidelity from his 55-year-old wife.

Sekinat was also accused of lack of care and threat to the life of Adeyiga.

“My wife does not take care of me any longer; she does not give me good food and different men come to sleep with her in our home. She frustrates me and she wants to kill me, I don’t want to die now, please separate us,” he pleaded.

But responding, Sekinat denied all allegations, and revealed that her 88-year-old husband goes as far as smelling her pant to detect if anything happened in his absence.

“I beg the court to settle us. He has never caught me with a man. He always suspected my every move to the extent that he smells my pants whenever I go out and come back.

“I want this court to settle this matter I am not ready for divorce,” she pleaded.

President of the court, Mrs Funmi Adeola advised Sekinat to stop misbehaving and to take good care of her husband. She adjourned the case until November 30 for judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot