Saturday 11 November 2017

Why I Ventured Into Politics - Muma Gee


Popular multi-talented songstress, Gift Iyumame Eke, better known as ‘Muma Gee’, who tested the murky waters of politics in 2015 has shared with Showtime why she dabbled into it, saying it is better to be part of the game instead of sitting in the background complaining.

 “I contested for the Federal House of Representatives in 2015 because I don’t belong to the school of thought who complains in the background about leadership. I believe we should take the lead now and set the pace on what leadership should be, she said.


She further argued that rather than exploiting the youth as political thugs and mercenaries, they should be given the opportunity and encouraged to contest political seats.


“The youth should be given the chance to get into politics, knowing that they are more proactive and know their onions. I don’t think I should be sitting down complaining about leadership when I can take the lead and make a change.

 It’s actually borne out of a revolution of the fact that we need new faces in leadership in the country, we need new faces to move our nation to the next level”, she said. Speaking about plans for her political career, she revealed that she’s gone back to school to study law to hone her skills as a career politician.

“I’m studying law in UNILAG because I feel that I should be an authority in it; Theatre Arts is not enough for politics,” she argued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot