Friday 22 December 2017

I don’t know why Innoson boss was arrested – AGF


The Attorney-General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), on Thursday said he didn’t know why the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission arrested the Chairman of Innoson Motors, Innocent Chukwuma.

Malami said this while answering questions from State House correspondents at the end of a meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The minister, whose office supervises the EFCC, said the anti-graft agency had yet to brief him on the development.

He said he was unable to make further comments on the arrest since he had not been briefed.

He said, “In all sincerity, l wasn’t privy to the facts that led to the stated arrest. I haven’t been briefed by relevant agencies.

“But one thing l know is the fact that there has been a case between him (Chukwuma) and the GTBank that is pending in court and it is being prosecuted.

“Apart from that, I am not privy to facts and circumstances that led to his alleged arrest yesterday (Wednesday).

“So, until I am briefed by relevant agencies, I am not in a clear position to make any disclosure about the arrest.

“I have not been informed by relevant agencies. I know the case is in court between him and GTBank.

“Until I am briefed, I am not in a position to make further comments on it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot