Tuesday 12 December 2017

Photographer Who Escaped Church Building Collapse In Akwa Ibom Narrates Ordeal 1 Year After


It’s exactly one year since a church building collapsed in Akwa Ibom State, killing scores of people, and injuring 37 on December 10, 2016. Some additional number of people died much later from the injuries sustained during the incident.

The Reigners Bible Church, Uyo, which was under construction, caved in during a ceremony to consecrate the church founder, Akan Weeks, as a bishop.
The Akwa Ibom Governor, Udom Emmanuel, who was a special guest at the ceremony, narrowly escaped unhurt.
A photographer, Tony Tonerononi, who was present at the church event took to Facebook to share his own story. Read below;
My Own Story!!!  Pictures of the Event from my Own Camera
Sometimes i wish to delete them off but when i recall how everything happen in a twinkle of an eye.  The shock is still there…
Picture 19 & 20 when His Excellency Deacon Udom G. Emmanuel was praying… I tried as much as to make the pictures sharp for the use of my company Magazine #Gosple247magazine but it didn’t work…
Something in me said “Go outside and come back later” normally i don’t go out during Event. But i did…. 
Not up to five to ten minutes i witnessed the roof coming down on people.
My God, i was speechless because i didn’t believe my eyes!!!  I turned and asked Jackson Uwemedimoh is this real because i couldn’t believe it.
The entire environment was quite for a while…Then i heard a voices “Abasi Akan Weeks oooh” Jesus ooooh!!!Tears and Sorrows everywhere…
I rushed in remembering my friend Kufre Umoren was there in the front, the Governor and other top politician and so many others…
I tried my best helping the police and the rescue team…I couldn’t believe my eyes!!!
I can’t say much…. Thank you Jesus for keeping me till date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot