Tuesday 25 April 2017

Eden Hazard explains why he is NOT Chelsea captain material Read more: http://metro.co.uk/#ixzz4fFmHVXGu

Eden Hazard explains why he is NOT Chelsea captain material

Eden Hazard says he is not the right person to succeed John Terry as Chelsea captain.
The Blues will be seeking a new permanent skipper this summer when their long-time armband wearer departs.

Gary Cahill, who has captained the team for the majority of the season, is the obvious candidate to replace Terry.

However Hazard could stake a claim, particularly having skippered his national team. However the Belgian does not believe he would be the right choice.
‘I think we have some of the player they can be more than a captain in this team. You know when it is not John [Terry] it is Gary [Cahill]. Gary make a great job. In the [FA Cup] semi-final [Cesar] Azpilicueta for the first time wear the armband. They deserve to be captain.’

Hazard went on to explain why he does not have the right attributes to be Chelsea captain.
‘In the national team I say I don’t know if I’m a good captain. I’m a captain on the pitch. Outside the pitch for me I don’t like to talk a lot.
‘In England I think the captain has to talk to make the people ready for the games. I’m not this kind of guy. I can talk with my feet, but it’s not my job to talk to everyone.’

Hazard was dropped to the bench for the FA Cup semi-final win over Tottenham at the weekend but can expect to return to the starting XI for tonight’s game with Southampton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot