Monday 8 May 2017

Alexis Sanchez: No talks on future until summer after frustrating season

Sanchez

Alexis Sanchez has told Sky Sports he will discuss his future with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger at the end of the season, adding that he has been frustrated at times in his side’s erratic campaign.
Sanchez, whose contract expires in 2018, has been linked with a move away from the Emirates with Bayern Munich among the clubs reported to be interested.

He said he felt Arsenal played “the best brand of football” and that when he arrived in London he had felt he would “win the title with this squad.”
But addressing his future, he said: “We’ve said that the two of us will sit down together to discuss what will happen and what we’re going to do, what’s best for the club, what’s best for me, what’s best for him.
“We’ll speak once the season is over because if I speak now, that would take my focus away from what I want, which is qualifying for the Champions League and winning the FA Cup.”
The Chile international said the Gunners players had been “very down about losing against Tottenham” last weekend but had not given up hope of making it to the top four, adding: “While we still have a chance, it remains a possibility. We’re going to try to win every game.
“We also believe that the other sides will slip up because it isn’t in our hands. It hinges on other teams dropping points. As I always say, anything can happen in the Premier League.”
But Sanchez said he felt the campaign “has not been a very good season for me because I came here to win trophies.”
He added: “We do have the FA Cup final coming up and we’ll give it our all to try to win it.
“Sometimes I am frustrated, sometimes I’m not. There have been games when we’ve been in a position to kick on and win, but we’ve made a small mistake and found ourselves 2-0 down. Sometimes that gets to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot