Tuesday 22 August 2017

Mother told her son ‘I love you’ as he repeatedly stabbed her


A  son repeatedly stabbed his mother as she told him she loved him, an inquest has heard.
Melvin James, 36, launched the assault on Lynette James after fatally wounding his sister, Anne-Marie, at their flat in Wolverhampton.

Police were called and officers initally attempted to Taser the attacker before fleeing the high-rise, 'terrified' for their lives.


James, who had stabbed himself, was eventually subdued after an armed response unit stormed the flat with flash-bang grenades.

According to the UK SUN, he was given medical treatment but died at the scene. His mother survived after being taken to hospital.

Giving a harrowing account, Mrs James said she was about to have a shower when she heard Anne-Marie call out to her.

Her evidence, read by Black Country senior coroner Zafar Siddique, said
: 'I sensed and felt something was seriously wrong.

'I decided to run into the lounge and call the concierge from the phone. I saw Melvin by the kitchen and he ripped the phone off the wall.'

She added: 'His eyes were red, fixed and he was staring at me. He plunged the knife into me, again and again.

'I said, "I love you, son".'

She fled to the bathroom, locking the door and ringing 999 to tell police she had been stabbed and feared she was 'slipping away'.
The mother-of-four added: 'I said "I'm going to die, my son has stabbed me and my daughter is on the floor".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot