Monday 21 August 2017

Woman who live streamed sister's death after car crash defends herself


A woman accused of killing her little sister and injuring another teen girl says she looked "like a monster” in a video she live-streamed of the deadly crash last month.

Obdulia Sanchez was charged with drunken driving and vehicular manslaughter after swerving off a California road, killing her 14-year-old sister Jacqueline Sanchez and injuring Manuela Seja, also 14, while filming the July 21 Instagram video of the tragedy.


“I didn't even know I looked like a monster — like I look like a freaking horrible monster,” Sanchez told KSEE-TV Friday. “That was not my intention at all.”We were perfectly freaking fine,”  “Then next thing I know, we started going left. We started going left, then I started to stop the car. Then we flipped over.”

Sanchez expressed remorse over her younger sister’s death and said she started “freaking out” when no one was in the backseat. Both girls had no seatbelts on and were ejected from the vehicle, authorities said.

“I knew she was dead. Because I took her pulse and she had no pulse,” Sanchez told the TV station.

Sanchez continued live streaming the aftermath that apparently shows her next to her dead sister’s body. The video also captured her calling 911.

“My sister is f--king dying. Look,” Sanchez says in the video. “I f--king love my sister to death. I don’t give a f--k.”“This is the last thing I wanted to happen, OK? I don’t f---ing care though, I’m going to hold it down. Rest in peace, sweetie. If you don’t survive, I am so f---ing sorry,” Sanchez can be heard saying.
She told KSEE that it wasn’t the first time she’s filmed while driving.

“We do it all the time — all the time. Trust me, it's like a reflex. Like I haven't crashed, you know?” she said. “Everybody does it.”

Sanchez has pleaded not guilty to all charges. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13. If convicted, she faces more than 13 years in prison.

NY Daily News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot