Monday 25 December 2017

Nigerian man who proposed to his wife 20-yrs ago without a ring buys her a ship


Nigerian business mogul and security expert, Ubong King who proposed to his wife in 1997 when had nothing has narrated how he bought a vessel in 2015 and named it after her.

He shared the above photo and wrote;


“#WHATDRIVESYOU: I proposed to my wife sometime in 1997 without a ring, while squatting in a friend’s house in #Uyo, #Akwaibom state. She said YES even when she knew that I had nothing. She was discouraged by many to change her mind and was asked a question which she told me “why stay with Ubong when he can’t buy you a bottle of #Coca-Cola”. When she told me I looked up and down, I looked at her and said the choice to stay was her’s… she stayed.

We got married in 2002 and still started by squatting in another friend’s house out of Lagos for about 1yr till I got my #mindset right to get my own house in Alagbado. We had to start with one mattress on the floor, second hand carpet, a ceiling fan and our windows were covered with old newspapers since we could not afford curtains. I worked as a security coordinator in NBC Apapa, bottlers of #Coca-Cola drinks and all i wanted to do was to be responsible to be able to buy my wife a bottle of #Coca-Cola. The drive to be able to refresh my growing family has helped me to be able to buy my wife and kids Coca-Cola drinks at anytime… In 2015, I decided to buy a vessel from that drive and named it after my wife MV IVYKING. Thank YOU @unyimeivyking for starting me up my drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot