Wednesday 7 February 2018

Man United striker Lukaku reveals his football idol


Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku has revealed that Brazilian forward Adriano was his football idol when growing up.

The 35-year-old, who is most famous for his performances for Inter Milan saw scored 74 goals from 177 appearances in all competitions also nets 27 times in 48 appearances for his national team.

Despite the forward's career grinding to a halt in its latter stages, the 24-year-old Belgium all-time Lukaku has said that watching Adriano's earlier performances was a key factor in turning professional himself.

"I have a good relationship with people from Brazil," the Belgian told ESPN Brazil. "And I really like Brazilian players. When I was little, Adriano was my great idol. Because when I was little, I had the same qualities as him.

"Very strong, shooting with the left was the same. I hope he's going to play again because he's a good player."

  

Adriano has not played regular football since leaving Flamengo in 2010 but he is not yet officially retired and he has since had spells with Roma, Corinthians, Atletico Paranaense and Miami United - but he only made a combined 10 appearances for those clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot