Wednesday 4 April 2018

18-year-old Secondary school student who disguises in military outfit has been arrested for armed robbery in Benue State

18-year-old Secondary school student who disguises?in military outfit has been arrested for armed robbery in Benue State

Atoo Aondoana, a Junior Secondary School (JSS) 2, student, has been held by the Police in Benue State for his alleged involvement in armed robbery along Makurdi-Alaide highway of the state.

Aondoana alongside his accomplice, an elderly cleaner who works with the Nigeria Airforce in Makurdi, Peter Aghande, who is being held for supplying the military uniforms used for the robbery are currently helping the police with further information about their illegal activities.


In an interview with Dailytrust, the 18-year-old suspected robber in military uniform, who lives with his father, admitted to the crime, explaining that he bought the military uniform from someone.

“We carry hunting guns for operation but I was not arrested with a gun. I had no weapon on me during my arrest. I’m a secondary school student in JSS2 at Ikpayongo. . . My father is a farmer and I’m the only child of my mother who is now married to another man in Makurdi,” he narrated.

Aondoana said he feels bad about his ill behaviour, stressing that a friend introduced him to the robbery gang. . . On his part, the cleaner, Aghande, claimed that the Airforce personnel used to give him bad uniforms to throw away and the boy begged him to give them to him rather than disposing them. “But, I was shocked by the following day when I heard that the boy went to rob with it,” Aghande said

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot