Sunday 23 March 2014

I refused to be a Christian 18 years ago – Lizzy Anjorin

   I refused to be a Christian 18 years ago – Lizzy Anjorin

Beautiful Yoruba actress, Liz Anjorin, has always had her name in the news for all sorts of reasons. The recent one was her conversion from Christianity to Islam, much to the chagrin of some of her fans who questioned what could be the reason behind the actress’ change of faith.

The conjecture of many is that Lizzy has found love in a Muslim man and thus changed her religion to please her new lover but the ‘Iyawo Ojo Kan’ character has confessed to Potpourri that love was never in the picture.
“No man can make me convert to Islam. I converted to Islam because of my late mum. Something happened the day she passed on. I wouldn’t disclose that here. So, I went to Mecca to pray for her and also, for myself as an orphan”, she said. Describing life after her trip to Mecca as beautiful, Liz revealed that for the past 18 years, she has never gone to any church to worship. “I have been a Muslim for a long time now, even when I was in the North. You can never spot me in any social function wearing suggestive clothes. In fact I ceased to be a Christian 18 years ago”
The actress, who is all set to premiere her latest film, “Kofo: The First Lady”, as well as marking the second anniversary of ‘Lizzy Anjorin Foundation’, now goes with the name of Aisha.

1 comment:

  1. We dont miss u either. So stop acting as if we are concerned.

    ReplyDelete

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot