Monday 18 July 2016

Leicester’s record £16m buy Ahmed Musa dreams of being a Premier league legend like Kanu Nwankwo


Nigerian winger Ahmed Musa, who last week was confirmed as Leicester City's record £16million signing has revealed that he will like to follow in the footsteps of Super Eagles, Africa and Premier League legend Kanu Nwankwo.

According to Musa, he's desperate to become a Premier League legend like Kanu, saying he will do whatever it takes to reach such iconic status.
“I’m going to do whatever it takes to become a  legend like Kanu.' said Musa according to quotes from the Sun UK Football.

“All Nigerian kids want to play here and I believe this is going to be a good league for me.

“I took  advice from my friend Kanu. He told me a lot about England and Leicester  and said it would be a  good move for me.

“Kanu won the league and FA Cup twice with Arsenal and the FA Cup again with Portsmouth.

“He’s probably Nigeria’s most famous footballer, ahead of Jay-Jay Okocha and Finidi George.

“I’ve a long way to go to rival their achievements. But I’ve always been used to upsetting the odds. People used to tell me, ‘Musa, you are far too small to be a striker’.
“But I’d always reply, ‘It doesn’t matter what size you are, it’s what you do that matters’.

“The only time that didn’t work out was when I was a goalkeeper!

“I was a goalie until I was 12. Then I went outfield, which was the best decision of my life because I don’t think I’d have made it anywhere as a keeper.”
 Musa who missed out on a move to Leicester city in January when CSKA Moscow slapped a £23m price-tag on his head, says he believes he will win the Premier title before his deal runs out in 2020.

He said: “I am very happy to be joining now.

“My target here is to win the league again and I believe we can.

“I think  the secret behind City’s success is everyone is focused and happy with each other.

“I started my first session and I was like . . . wow! Because I have never seen that intensity and tackles flying in Russia.

“But now I am getting used to it — even Marcin Wasilewski!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot