Friday 3 March 2017

‘How I Called Arsene Wenger To Negotiate Arsenal Move’- Mesut Ozil


Mesut Ozil, has revealed he put in a call to Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger, in 2010 to set his transfer from Real Madrid in motion.
The 28-year-old German midfielder left Real Madrid for Arsenal in 2013 for a fee of £42.4 million after spending three years at the Bernabeu.

Ozil made the revelation in his upcoming autobiography, being serialised in Bild, where he noted that he never had any intention of leaving Real Madrid until his father fell out with president Florentino Perez during contract talks.
This made him to contact Wenger about a move. Wenger had attempted to sign him in 2010 when the player opted to join Madrid from Werder Bremen.
Ozil wrote, “Even though it wasn’t easy for me at the start, I dialled a number I had in my cell since 2010.
“Mr. Wenger,’ I said. ‘I promised to contact you first if there would be the opportunity that I am looking for a new club. It’s here now.’
“The transfer from Real Madrid to Arsenal was the most difficult decision of my career.”
Ozil recently revealed that his former boss at Real Madrid, Jose Morinho once called him a coward.
Ozil further explained how a breakdown in the relationship between his father, who represented him at the time, and the club led to his departure from the Spanish giants.
He added, “Nobody expected that a change of clubs was due.
“My father and I both had the goal to prolong this success story at the Blancos by a few years and finally also win the Champions League.
“It wasn’t about greed. It was only about an adequate salary. And that didn’t reflect in Real’s first offer.
“He [his father] did not have the experience of a dozen negotiations with big club bosses, and that’s why he, to be honest, lacked the serenity to adequately deal with such a provoking offer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get more stories like this on our twitter @Abdul_Ent and facebook page @abdulkukublogspot